ABOUT THE COMPANY – SAWS
We (Sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about South African Weather Service Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The South African Weather Service (SAWS) is a public entity under the governmental Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism since 2001, and is an authoritative voice in South Africa for weather and climate forecasting.
The organisation complies with global meteorological standards as it is a member of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO). SAWS also provides the marine, aviation and various other industry clients with weather services. It provides government funded public good services and paid commercial services.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The SAWS bursary is aimed at students who are interested in a career in climate change and weather service. Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study (Bachelor of Science):
- Atmospheric Science
- Air Quality (Honours)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary: registration, tuition fees and a monthly allowance.
Once students have completed their undergraduate BSc qualification, they will be required to study a BSc Honours course, as the South African Weather Service only employ students with Honours level qualifications.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics in Matric
- Achieved a minimum result of 70% for Physical Science in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (first/ second/ third/ Honours year)
- Degree qualification must include Mathematics and Physical Sciences
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the SA Weather Service Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Quote the following reference number on your application form: REF.WS11/10/2019
The following documents must please accompany your complete application form:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest academic transcript/ record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Letter of acceptance/ registration from your tertiary institution
- Any other merit certificates or achievements (certified copies)
- Covering letter/ motivational letter (max 1 page)
Applications must be submitted via post or hand delivered to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The South African Weather Service
Private Bag X097
(Attention: Ms Gugu Maphisa)
25 October 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact The South African Weather Service directly:
Contact Person: Ms Gugu Maphisa
Tel: 012 367 6085