ABOUT THE COMPANY – SAAB
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about South African Association of Botanists Scholarship South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The South African Association of Botanists (SAAB) was founded in order to promote and maintain the status of the Botany profession across all sectors and to perform functions which may attain the objectives of the profession.
SAAB represents various academic botanical disciplines, with members in universities, academic institutions and research institutions across the country .
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & VALUE
The South African Association of Botanists awards “SAAB Scholarships” to students each year.
There will be 3 scholarships awarded for the 2021 academic year, to the value of R12 000 each, for studies at Honours level (or 4th year), in a botanically-related science field of study. The bursary will cover 1 year of academic study.
There will also be 1 scholarship awarded, to the value of R40 000 for MSc studies, for 2 years (R20 000 in the first year and R20 000 in the second year if academic performance is satisfactory).
Successful applicants will be contacted by mid-March 2021 – should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Resident in one of the SADC countries (South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland, Angola, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Seychelles, Mozambique, Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros)
- Studying towards a botanically related science qualification
- Graduated with a minimum overall average of 70%
- Studying at a tertiary institution in South Africa
- Currently a member/ apply to become a member of SAAB
- Have a supervisor that is a paid-up member of SAAB
- MSc students: graduated with a BSc Honours degree AND achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
Download and complete the SAAB Scholarship Cover Form(.pdf)
(Please note: it is essential that you submit the scholarship cover form, as without it your application will not be accepted).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed cover form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic transcripts (certified copies)
- Curriculum Vitae (with names and contact details of 2 referees)
- Motivational letter written by yourself with a description of your proposed Honours/ 4th year research interests
- Motivational letter (from your supervisor)
- Names and values of the other bursaries/ scholarships you have applied for
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: SAABsecretary@gmail.com
(Insert the words “SAAB Scholarship – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Please ensure that your documents are in .pdf format
26 February 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact the South African Association of Botanists directly:
Contact Person: Prof Stephen Boatwright