ABOUT THE COMPANY – SAPPI
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Sappi Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
Sappi Limited (previously known as South African Pulp and Paper Industries Limited), was formed in 1936 as a local paper producer. Today, Sappi is a globally diversified pulp, paper and woodfibre company, which produces and sells paper products; dissolving wood pulp; timber products; forest products and chemical cellulose.
The company is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, and has global operations in over 20 countries, including the following countries: South African; Kenya; Australia; United Kingdom; United States of America; Germany; Austria; France; Spain; Netherlands; Italy; Switzerland; Belgium; Finland; Hungary; Poland; Russia; Turkey; Ukraine; Argentina; Colombia; Brazil; Mexico; Singapore; Hong Kong and China.
Sappi currently employs over 12 000 staff members across its global branches.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Sappi are inviting Matriculants and undergraduate students to apply for their bursary programme. The Sappi bursary programme for the 2022 academic year is for current Undergraduate students or Matric students who intend on studying, or are currently studying, within the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Civil Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Electrical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Forestry and Wood Science (BSc)
- Industrial Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Mechatronics Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Pulp and Paper (National Diploma)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME –COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION PROCESS
The bursary will provide coverage of the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and a living allowance. The bursary value will be dependent on the students household income.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview and psychometric assessments. If you do not receive any feedback within 14 days of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 25 years old
- You must be currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- You must be studying OR intend on studying full time, within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- You must be studying OR intend on studying at an accredited university in South Africa
- Matric students: you must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- Matric students: you must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Physical Science
- Matric students: you must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for English
- University students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
- Preference will be given to students who reside in areas close to Sappi’s main business operations
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: Sappi Bursary Application 2022
(Reference number: 35497)
You will be required to Register an Account before you can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Any other relevant academic qualification certificates (certified copies)
- Full tertiary academic record to date, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration/ provisional registration (on university letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of household income/ affidavit stating total household income
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Sappi directly:
Contact Person: Lebo Shabangu (Human Resources)
Tel: 011 407 8111
Please do NOT contact Sappi if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 30 March 2021 at 13:45.