ABOUT THE COMPANY – PPS
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about PPS Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The Professional Provident Society (PPS) of South Africa was founded in the year 1941 by eight dentists. The aim of the organisation was to find a way to create a better system of financial protection due to the inability to practice after injury or sickness.
PPS is an authorised financial services provider, who provides customised investment, healthcare and insurance solutions for graduate professionals. In fact, PPS is the only company in South Africa that is a mutual financial services solely for graduate professionals.
PPS is one of the only South African financial services providers that is not listed on the stock exchange and does not have any external shareholders. The company allocates all profits to its members each year with qualifying products, via PPS Profit-Share Accounts.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
PPS will be awarding bursaries to students pursuing studies within the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) field – which are scarce and critical sectors in the country. Students pursuing Humanities studies can also apply for funding.
Funding will be provided from 1st year to Honours level. The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, text books, meals and accommodation at university residence.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying or registered to study full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or registered to study at a public tertiary institute within South Africa (universities and universities of technology)
- Strong academic record
- Must achieve and maintain a minimum overall average of 65%
- Household income is less than R600 000 per annum
- Preference will be given to historically disadvantaged students
- Preference will be given to financially deserving students of colour (African, Coloured and Indian)
- Preference will be given to those studying towards a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) degree
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://www.professionalsconnect.co.za/bursary-programme
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record to date, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of registration for the current academic year
- Student account statement showing all fees paid up for previous years
- Proforma invoices for books
- Lease agreements for private accommodation
- Tertiary institutions bank account details (on letterhead)
- Tertiary institutions finance department contact details (on letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Motivational reference letter (from a leader e.g HOD, Dean, Priest)
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact PPS directly: