ABOUT THE COMPANY – NYDA
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about NYDA Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
Solomon Mahlangu was executed under the apartheid laws at the age of 23, after he was wrongfully accused of terrorism and murder. The scholarship fund was created in memory of this young man.
The scholarship fund was created with the aim of helping full time students pursue their studies, that are within the critical and scarce skills areas listed below.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu Postgraduate Scholarship Fund will provide cover for the following fields of study:
- 1 year postgraduate qualification (excluding postgraduate diplomas)
- 1 year TVET qualification in creative arts
The scholarship will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, meals, accommodation, prescribed books and equipment (up until a threshold).
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Under 35 years old
- Completed Matric
- Completed an undergraduate degree qualification
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for the degree qualification
- Intend on studying towards one of the aforementioned qualifications
- Intend on studying at a recognised public tertiary institution
- Proven financial need (household income of less than R15 000 per month)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the NYDA Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Qualification certificate (certified copy)
- University academic record (stamped and on University letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of pension income or grant/ death certificate if deceased)
Applications must be posted to:
National Youth Development Agency
Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund
54 Maxwell Drive
Woodmead North Office Park
28 February 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the NYDA directly:
Tel: 087 158 5691