ABOUT THE COMPANY – JSE
We (sagist.co.za team)are pleased to inform you about JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/read full details.
JSE Limited was established in 1887 during the first gold rush in South Africa. It is the oldest and biggest stock exchange in Africa, and was previously known as the JSE Securities Exchange and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
The JSE is now ranked in 19th place amoung the largest stock exchange markets in the world, according to market capitalisation. The company offers efficient and secure primary and secondary capital markets in a variety of securities. They are the go-to for international and national investors who wish to gain exposure to South African and African leading capital markets.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SELECTION
JSE bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields (Undergraduate or Postgraduate):
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Information Technology
- Mathematical Sciences
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback from JSE, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- In the 2nd year/ 3rd year/ Postgraduate (Honours) level of studies
- Good academic record
- Undergraduate students: must have obtained a minimum overall average of 60%
- Postgraduate students: must have obtained a minimum overall average of 60%
- From a designated group
- From a previously disadvantaged background
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://bit.ly/3cmslv9
You will be required to Register an account before you Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest academic results (on tertiary letterhead)
- Full academic record/ transcript (on tertiary letterhead)
- Undergraduate qualification certificate, if studying at postgraduate level (certified copy)
(Please note that you must submit an affidavit for all of the information declared)
31 October 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the he Johannesburg Stock Exchange directly:
Tel: 011 520 7000