ABOUT THE COMPANY – HESSEQUA MUNICIPALITY
We(sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Hessequa Local Municipality Bursary 2022-2023 /read full details.
Hessequa Local Municipality (previously known as the Langeberg Local Municipality), is a municipality situated in the Western Cape Province, which includes the surrounding towns of Albertinia, Gouritsmond, Heidelberg, Riversdale, Slangrivier, Stilbaai and Witsand.
The name “Hessequa” comes from the meaning Xhosa language, meaning “people of the trees”, which refers to the tribe of indigenous Khoikhoi people.
ABOUT THE HESSEQUA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Hessequa Local Municipality are inviting students who reside in the area, to apply for the external bursary, for the 2021 academic year. Students who are pursuing Degree studies in these fields may apply:
- Internal Audit
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
MORE ABOUT THE HESSEQUA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME –COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
Bursaries will be allocated for 1 year of study.
Successful candidates will be contacted – if you have not received any feedback 30 working days after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HESSEQUA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must reside within the Hessequa Municipal area, in the Western Cape province
- Must be between 17 and 35 years old
- Must have completed Matric
- Must be studying or intend on studying towards a 3 Year Degree, within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Must be registered to study at an accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- Must have a good academic record
- Must NOT be in receipt of another bursary award
- Must have a desire to uplift and change the community for the better
- Must be in financial need (unable to afford to study towards a degree)
- Students with disabilities and from historically disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE HESSEQUA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Hessequa Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy: not older than 3 months)
- Matric certificate, if available (certified copy)
- Matric final results, if completed Matric in 2020 (certified copy)
- Latest academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (on institution’s letterhead)
- Proof of residential address (recent municipal account)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed: certified copy/ affidavit if unemployed etc)
- Proof of disability if applicable (letter from a medical doctor confirming permanent disability)
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
PO Box 29
(Please note: if you choose to post your application, ensure that you submit well in advance of the deadline so that your application is received BEFORE the closing date).
2) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Hessequa Municipality Bursary – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE HESSEQUA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
9 April 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE HESSEQUA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Hessequa Local Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Jaundre Delport
Tel: 028 713 8097
Please do NOT contact the Hessequa Local Municipality if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 7 April 2021.