ABOUT THE COMPANY – ELIAS MOTSOALEDI LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
We(sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality was named after Elias Motsoaledi, who was involved in establishing the South African Congress of trade unions. Situated within the Sekhukhune District Municipality of Limpopo, the Municipality was previously known as the Greater Groblersdal Local Municipality and the seat is Groblersdal.
The Municipality’s missions include the following: providing sustainable services; providing public value for money; providing services in a clear and fair manner; ensuring an environment that is conducive to economic growth and job creation; ensuring a democracy by way of public participation and communication.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
The Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality will be awarding bursaries to matriculants who have performed well and reside within the municipality, for studies within ANY field of study.
The bursary will provide cover for registration fees, tuition fees, textbooks or prescribed study materials, meals and accommodation.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive feedback within 30 days, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within the Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality
- Good academic record
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Have been provisionally accepted to study at a recognised South African tertiary institution (University/ University of Technology/ FET College/ TVET College)
- Have NOT received financial assistance from the Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality in the previous financial year
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Alternatively, application forms can also be collected from:
Main Office (2 Grobler Avenue, Groblersdal, 0470)
as well as Satellite Offices (in Hlogotlou, Motetema, Roossenekal and Uitspanning) (between 07:30 and 16:15)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Latest academic record (certified copy)
- LProof of cost of intended studies
- Proof of provisional acceptance to study at a recognised tertiary institution
- Proof of residence (from the Tribal Authority or Local Municipality)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
The Municipal Manager
Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality
P.O. Box 48
2) Hand delivery:
Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality
2 Grobler Avenue
29 January 2021 (at 16:15).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Andy Tshehla
Tel: 013 262 3056 / 079 738 9928