ABOUT THE COMPANY – CECIL RENAUD EDUCATIONAL AND CHARITABLE TRUST
We (sagist.co.za team ) are pleased to inform you about Cecil Renaud Overseas Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies in the UK 2022-2023/ read full details.
The Cecil Renaud Educational and Charitable Trust was established in 1988 by Dr. Cecil Renaud, a famous Durban Philanthropist. In 1993, Dr. Renaud passed away and passed the remainder of his estate on to the Trust, who later established the Overseas Scholarship.
ABOUT THE CECIL RENAUD SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Cecil Renaud Scholarship is granted to one or two students annually. These scholarship are awarded for postgraduate studies in the United Kingdom for a maximum of 2 years, whereby students can obtain their Master’s Degree (or equivalent) or a PhD at their university of choice.
The Cecil Renaud Educational and Charitable Trust has awarded 36 scholarships since 1994. Through this programme, students have had the opportunity to attend the University of Cambridge, inter alia, the University of London, and the University of Oxford where they partook in a number of disciplines (the Cecil Renaud Educational and Charitable Trust programme covers all fields of study).
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CECIL RENAUD SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a resident of South Africa and have resided in the country for at least 5 years
- You must be under 27 years old
- You must have completed a major part of your secondary studies in any school in KwaZulu-Natal
- You must be in your final year of a postgraduate honours degree OR in your 4th year of your undergraduate degree at a South African University
- You must have attained or are aiming to attain undergraduate or Honours degree(s) cum laude or summa cum laude
- You must have achieved a Certificates of Merit and Dean’s Commendations or equivalent
- You must aim to make a significant impact on the world and in your chosen field of study
- You must have an excellent track record in extracurricular activities
- You must have a drive to uplift South Africa
- You must intend on studying towards a Postgraduate (Master’s Degree or equivalent or a PhD) at any University within the United Kingdom
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CECIL RENAUD SCHOLARSHIP
Download and complete the Cecil Renaud Scholarship Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Birth certificate (certified copy)
- Courses/ degrees you are partaking in (this should include classes, standards, and distinctions) (certified copy)
- Degree Certificates (certified copy)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Photograph (passport sized)
- A signed statement depicting: general interests and activities, the course you wish to pursue during the scholarship, your university of choice and why you chose it, and what kind of work you aim to do post-studies
- A motivational letter stating why you should be chosen
Please note: it is preferred that all documents are in one file.
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must also be submitted via:
Email to: RoshiniK@privatewealth.sanlam.co.za
Hand delivered to:
Attention: Roshini Kander
Sanlam Private Wealth
2 Milkwood Office Park
La Lucia Ridge Office Estate
(PO Box 4025, The Square, 4025)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CECIL RENAUD SCHOLARSHIP
31 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Cecil Educational and Charitable Trust directly:
Submitting your query via their contact form https://www.cecilrenaud.co.za/contact-us
Please do NOT contact the Cecil Renaud Educational and Charitable Trust if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 29 April 2021.