ABOUT THE COMPANY – BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO
we (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about British American Tobacco Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/read full details.
British American Tobacco plc (BAT), founded in 1902, is a British multinational tobacco company and is the biggest global publicly traded tobacco company. Headquartered in London, United Kingdom, BAT operates in approximately 180 countries and is a leading company in over 50 countries around the world.
British American Tobacco (BAT) began operating in South Africa in 1904. Today, BAT South Africa are the leading tobacco manufacturing company in the country. BAT are a global tobacco company, with more than 50 000 employees across the globe.
British American Tobacco South Africa was created when a global merger occurred in 1999 between 2 companies, namely British American Tobacco and Rothmans International. The company is the top manufacturer and distributor of cigarettes in the country.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SERVICE CONTRACT
BAT are offering financial support to undergraduate and postgraduate students by way of a bursary award. Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Accounting (postgraduate studies)
- Industrial Engineering (undergraduate & postgraduate studies)
- Information Technology (undergraduate & postgraduate studies)
- Marketing (postgraduate studies)
Upon completion of their studies, students will be required to partake in a work back programme, whereby they will work for BAT for the equal amount of time as the bursary awarded.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- In possession of a learner’s or driver’s licence
- Undergraduate students: studying full time towards a qualification in one of the following fields: Industrial Engineering/ Information Technology,
- Postgraduate students: studying full time towards a qualification in one of the following fields: Accounting/ Industrial Engineering/ Information Technology/ Marketing.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the above minimum eligibility requirements may apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Latest academic record (on tertiary institutions letterhead),
- Proof of enrollment in one of the aforementioned fields of study,
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary.
Applications be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 631
3) Hand delivered:
25 Du Toit Street
31 August annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact British American Tobacco directly:
Contact Person: Riana Cassiem (The Bursary Manager)
Tel: 021 888 3500