Technology Innovation Agency South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Technology Innovation Agency South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
As an establishment of the Department of Science and Innovation (DSI), The Technology Innovation Agency (TIA) offers support to the development of new innovations and technology by the means of both financial and non-financial support. In doing this, TIA encourages economic growth in South Africa whilst providing the means to allow the moment of development and research to commercial prospects.
TIA offers infrastructural and technical support to clients, enabling the development of technology- this is made possible through their non-financial instrument: The Bioprocessing Platform. This platform provides the Bio-economy with holistic support by offering a single facilitated combination of analytical services, technological capabilities encompassing diagnostics and biopressing.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMMES:
TIA is offering an internship programme on a temporary contract to unemployed, graduate youths. During this programme, interns are required to produce critical techniques support to projects on the Platform. These projects aim to advance the Bio-economy by creating commercially practical products.
The programme will be an opportunity for the intern to learn critical and scarce skills whilst also being exposed to the industry functions, bioprocess development, proof of concept stages up to technology demonstration. The intern will report to the designated or line manager.
Locations: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Duration: 6 Months
Pay/ Stipend: R6 500 to R8 500 per month
Key performance areas of the programme:
- Supporting and assisting research objectives
- Providing administration and project management support
- Supporting laboratory operations
- Ensuring facilities are well-kept (housekeeping)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Education required: must have completed either of the following qualifications:
- Diploma/ Degree or Bachelor of Technology/ Honours in Microbiology, Biotechnology or Biochemistry
- Honours Degree in Medical/ Molecular Microbiology
- Must be unemployed
- Must have experience in the following fields: Scaling up cultivation of microbial cells from flasks to bioreactors; general microbiological techniques; mammalian cell culture; enzyme linked immunosorbent assay; roubleshooting bioreactor challenges and exposure to product and process bio-development; protein biochemistry; hybridoma technology; biochemical method development, e.g. protein assays (advantageous) and protein purification
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted via the TIA job platform
(Reference number: 2021#)
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact TIA KwaZulu-Natal directly:
Telephone number: 031 2203100
OR call their switchboard: 012 472 2700
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.