Sunshine Cinema Learnerships South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Sunshine Cinema Learnerships South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE LEARNERSHIP:
Sunshine Cinema is the first solar-powered cinema network in Africa, co-founded by Rowan Pybus and Sydelle Willow Smith. They are a network of youth impact facilitators who share African Films on Sunbox solar mobile cinemas.
DETAILS ABOUT THE LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME:
Sunshine Cinema are looking for 20 learners to join the Sunbox Ambassador (SBA) Learnership Program. The programme will run over 9 months, full-time and will commence in March 2021.
Locations: Eastern Cape, Free State, Gauteng (excluding Johannesburg), Kwa-Zulu Natal (excluding Durban), Limpopo, Mpumalanga, North West, Northern Cape, Western Cape (excluding Cape Town).
Positions available: 20
Duration: 9 month full-time learnership program.
Start date: March 2021.
Salary: monthly stipend (to cover airtime/ data/ transport expenses related to the learnership) – only if performance is satisfactory and learners secure R1 000 worth of digital marketing gig work per month
Duties of the programme (training will be provided):
- Completion of online NQF5 accredited Impact facilitator Course
- Digital Marketing and Entrepreneurship Training
- Weekly Whatsapp correspondence with Sunshine Cinema
- Monthly Screening Calendar planning
- Organising 2 free film screenings each month
- Advertising events with community members
- Creating a post screening discussion with audiences to #SparkConversation
The programme will include the following benefits:
- Training bootcamp in Mid March (travel, food and accommodation to be provided by Sunshine Cinema).
- Scholarships to attend an online 6 month Impact Facilitator Course – lead by Sunshine Cinema industry professionals. Once completed, SBAs will receive an NQF5 qualification, and be guided to potential internship opportunities within the Film, Media and Marketing Industries.
- Digital media and marketing training focusing on video, photo, podcast, and social media skills.
- SBAs will host 2 free film screenings each month in their communities (dependent on COVID restrictions), on Sunshine Cinema’s Sunbox solar powered mobile cinemas, of a wide range of award winning African fiction and documentary films over the course of 9 months.
- Learn how to produce podcasts with community members about key local issues, which will be placed on a zero rated data free platform.
- Entrepreneurial training and guidance – including 6 months learning (virtual classrooms and workbooks) and 6 months of Mentorship support (1 session each month).
- Use of a Sunbox and it’s equipment shared with one other Sunbox Ambassador in the same region, for 9 months.
- Stipend for data, airtime, transport, and screening costs and participation in online course (on condition that R1000 in gig work is secured per month per SBA), for 9 months.
- After completion of program, SBA’s will receive start-up equipment for Digital Marketing work (Laptop, Camera, Hard-Drive)
- Must be fluent in English (written and oral), and 1 or 2 other officials languages
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Education requirement: must have complete Matric
- Age requirement: must be between 21 and 35 years old
- Must have a smartphone with recording, video, photo capabilities
- Must have access to Whatsapp
- Must be computer literate in MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Must be available for a 9 month full time learnership (not part time)
- Must be looking to learn new skills
- Must have access stable and reliable internet
- Must have self-discipline to work at home
- Must enjoys a challenge and be ready for hard work
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Must have experience in community mobilization
- Must have 2 contactable work and character references
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LEARNERSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be done online at: Sunshine Cinema Learnership Application Form
You will also be required to submit the following documentation via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Certified copy of ID document
- Proof of Address
- Certified copy of Matric certificate
CONTACT THE LEARNERSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this learnership programme, please contact Sunshine Cinema directly via their contact form: https://sunshinecinema.org/contact-us/
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.