Sun International Learnerships South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Sun International Learnerships South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE LEARNERSHIP:
The Sun International brand has a proud legacy in the gaming, hospitality and entertainment sector. Its superior hotels and resorts profile makes it a recognized premium brand. The Sun International Group has a diverse profile of assets including world class five star hotels, modern and well located casinos, and some of the world’s premier resorts. Our destinations offer experiential luxury, enduring quality and incredible adventure, supported by an authentic dedication to personal service.
Sun International Hotels Limited is a resort hotel chain and casino destination from South Africa created by Sol Kerzner, probably best known for its Sun City Resort near Rustenburg in the North West Province.
DETAILS ABOUT THE LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME:
Locations: Pretoria, Gauteng
Type of programme: Gaming Learnership
Unit: Time Square
Positions available: 15
Contract duration: 12 months
Sun International are inviting unemployed candidates with a Matric or NQF 4 equivalent qualification to join their Gaming Learnership programme. The aim of the 12 month programme is to provide individuals with theoretical and practical workplace exposure in the gaming industry, thereby increasing their chances of employment. Once the programme is complete, learners will gain an accredited NQF qualification.
Key Performance areas of the programme:
- Count Administration: Conducting a count for the day and clearing slot machines on said days count will be performed; Capturing data into the system; Reporting suspicious transactions; Filing documentation.
- Prepared Work Area: Checking work area to ensure all equipment is functioning correctly and ready for service; Checking cleanliness of section or station; Communicating and following-up on equipment faults or defects correction.
- Customer Engagement: Welcoming and greeting guests with a warm friendly smile, acknowledging their arrival and departure, and maintaing respect at all times; Identifying customers and their preferences; Interaction with guests and providing professional service standards and relevant solutions; Informing customers on business unit facilities/ products/ current promotions; Handling customer complaints/ requests / suggestions and providing resolution or escalating if necessary.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must be a South African citizen, with a valid ID document
- Education required: must have completed Matric (NSC) or NQF 4 equivalent qualification
- Must have passed English in Matric
- Must be unemployed
- Previous working experience (advantageous)
- Must have good communication skills (in terms of vision, hearing, speaking and literacy)
- Must have basic computer application skills
- Must be able to mentally calculate large numbers
- Must be quality orientated and pay attention to detail
- Must be customer service orientated
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time on the job
- Must be willing to work in a smoking environment
- Must be able to work shifts in line with the companies operational requirements
- Must be able to manage risk
- Must be emotionally resilient
- Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, SISA internal recruitment policy as well as units employment equity plans
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LEARNERSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted online for the following position:
Sun International: Gaming Learnership
(Reference number: N/A11395)
Attach these documents to your application (if you do not submit ALL the required documents, your application will NOT be considered):
- Certified copy of Matric Certificate/ NQF 4 qualification certificate
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copy of ID document
CONTACT THE LEARNERSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this learnership programme, please Sun International directly:
Telephone number: 011 780 7000
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.