Seriti Coal Engineering Internship South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Seriti Coal Engineering Internship South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Seriti is a broad based, 91% black owned and controlled South African mining company co-owned by four black anchor shareholders, Masimong Group, Thebe Investments, Zungu Investments (Zico) and Community Investment Holdings (CIH).
The company name is derived from a Sesotho word meaning integrity.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
The role is a developmental role, with the primary purpose being to learn through experiential learning about the Engineering function and to obtain the Government Certificate of Competency. The successful candidate will complete a structured development programme to be able to fulfil a substantial position within Seriti.
- Complete Development Programme within the 30-month timeframe and compile evidence of work experience in line with Engineering Council of South Africa’s requirements
- Present on key learnings to the Operational Management Team after each phase is completed and identify a project at the beginning of second year of developmental programme to present on at the completion of the programme
- Attend all formal courses and seminars as prescribed in the development programme and actively participate in all opportunities for development
- Act in the capacity of other roles in the discipline as and when required and deliver on role outcomes as expected in an acting capacity as well as to suggest and advise on improvements
- Identify, propose and participate in improvement or value-add projects relevant to the engineering discipline by conducting research and benchmarking against other divisions and industries as well as networking with key internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and engage with technical coach and mentor
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- BTech / Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (NQF Level 7) or a National Certificate N6
- Sound references from previous employers or learning institutions
- Proven vacation work within industry
- Proven completion of a relevant project related to field of study
- Prior temporary working experience in field of study will be advantageous
- Understanding of relevant legislation pertaining to the Mining Industry including the Mine Health and Safety Act and ability to interpret relevant legislation correctly
- Basic knowledge of Seriti business principles and values will be advantageous
- Understanding of the Seriti core value chain and Operational codes of practices, procedures, standards and guidelines
- Understanding of the machinery and equipment used on the operations
- Proven theoretical knowledge in field of study
- Proven successful safety record
- Sense of maturity and eagerness to learn
- Self-starter and motivated
- Business Writing Skills
- Analytical Skills and Problem-Solving Skills
- Conflict Handling Skills
- Numerate skills
- Planning and Organisation Skills
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- In possession of a Certificate of Fitness or be able to obtain it
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be done online at: https://seritiza.simplify.hr/Vacancy/Apply/oimjg7
(Ref No: VAR121/20GS)
When applying, please submit these documents in PDF format:
- ID document certified copies (certification within a 3-month period)
- valid driver’s license certified copies (certification within a 3-month period)
- Relevant qualifications (certification within a 3-month period)
*Please use the Google Chrome browser when applying to enable the attachment of documents.
Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets.
All applicants are thanked for their interest. Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful. Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please Seriti Coal directly:
Telephone: 011 047 7000
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.