Robben Island Museum: Switchboard Internship South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Robben Island Museum: Switchboard Internship South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Robben Island Museum (RIM), established by the Department of Arts and Culture in 1997, is a public entity responsible for the management, maintenance, presentation, development and marketing of Robben Island as a national estate and World Heritage Site.
RIM is also responsible for managing and maintaining the Islands assets, including the Medium and Maximum Security Prison Complexes, Robert Sobukwe’s House, Curio shops, Village Shops, the Village Precinct and related recreational facilities, as well as the Helipad and runway on the Island, World War 2 memorials, power generation and water processing plants, Jetty 1 and the Nelson Mandela Gateway the Mayibuye Archives, the 3 ferries that transport people to the Island and buses used by tourists on the Island.
Guided tours take place every day, Monday to Sunday, of the island’s prison including lime quarry where prisoners labored & Mandela’s cell. The Robben Island experience starts at the Nelson Mandela Gateway to Robben Island at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town at 4 allocated times each day.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Locations: Robben Island Museum, Cape Town, Western Cape
Stipend: R70 715 per year
Contract term: 12 months
Robben Island Museum are inviting suitable candidates to join their 12 month Internship programme at Robben Island Museum, in the Operations department. Learners will be responsible for monitoring phone usage and directing incoming calls, post and faxes to the correct RIM employee.
Duties and Responsibilities of the role:
- Directing incoming calls to the relevant employee or department
- Receiving and delivering post
- Receiving, registering and delivering faxes
- Message taking and emailing the relevant person
- Providing callers with general information about RIM
- Reporting defective telephone equipment or switchboard
- Consolidating staff telephone call for managers
- Directing visitors to correct offices
- Making speed dials for Managers
- Providing details and update on-line staff directory
- Analysing pin code usage and report defaults to the appropriate authority
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Education requirement: must have completed a Tourism / Public Relations / Marketing National Diploma qualification
- Must be computer literate
- Must be fluent in 2 official languages
- Must be customer service orientated
- Must have strong oral communication skills
- Must have strong problem solving skills
- Must pay close attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
Attach the following documents to your application email:
- Certified copy of your South African ID document
- Certified copy of Matric final results
- Certified copy of tertiary qualification
- Full detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Covering letter
- Contactable and traceable references
(Please ensure that attachments are not larger than 10MB)
RIM is an EE & AA employer and reserves the right not to make fill the position if a suitable candidate is not found. If you do not hear from RIM within 30 days, please regard your application unsuccessful.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this programme, please contact the Robben Island Museum directly:
Telephone number: 021 409 5100
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.