Palabora Mining Internships South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Palabora Mining Internships South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Incorporated in 1956, Palabora Mining Company Limited (South Africa’s sole producer of refined copper) is still in operation to this day.
From the 1960s-1980s, the company produced over 2,7 million tons of copper and to date, they produce about 60 000 tonnes of refined copper each year, helping South Africa’s need and desire for this mineral. The company also has employed about 2200 miners.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Locations: Phalaborwa, Limpopo
Contract term: 2 years
Palabora Copper (Ply) Ltd is offering multiple internship opportunities. The programme is aimed at candidates who have obtained a degree that is relevant with little to no work experience. The programme will run for a total of 24 months, during which the candidates will be working for Palabora Copper (Pty) Ltd.
The following programmes are available:
Discipline & Reference Number:
- Bachelors of Commerce Law (Ref: GDP BLAW 2021)
- Business Management/ Business Administration (Ref: GDP BM 2021)
- Civil Engineering (Ref: GDP CIV 2021)
- Community Development (Ref: GDP COM 2021)
- Electrical Engineering (Ref: GDP ELE 2021)
- Environmental Health (Occupational Hygiene) (Ref: GDP HYG 2021)
- Human Resources Management (Ref: GDP HRM 2021)
- Information Technology (Ref: GDP IT 2021)
- Mechanical Engineering (Ref: GDP MEC 2021)
- Metallurgical Engineering (Extractive only) (Ref: GDP MET 2021)
- Non Destructive Testing (Ref: GDP NDT 2021)
- Occupational Health and Safety/ Safety Management (Ref: GDP OHS 2021)
- Organisational Development (Business Analysis) (Ref: GDP OD 2021)
- Process Instrumentation (Ref: GDP INS 2021)
- Quality Management (Ref: GDP QUA 2021)
- Training/ Occupationally Education Training and Development with technical qualification (Ref: GDP OETD 2021)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Must have completed Matric (NSC)
- Must have completed one of the following qualifications: Degree/ Bachelors of Technology Degree
- Must be unemployed
- Must have NOT participated in a previous MQA Internship programme
- Must be between 18 and 35 years old
- Must NOT have a criminal record
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Submit the following documents:
- An application letter quoting the correct reference number (as above)
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- A certified copy of your Identity Document
- Certified copies of your academic records (Degree and Matric results)
- Proof of residence
Applications can be submitted via:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Superintendent SHEQ and Learning Programs, Palabora Cooper, PO Box 65, Phalaborwa, 1390.
– Shortlisted candidates will be contacted only.
– If you do not hear a response within 21 days, consider your application unsuccessful.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact Palabora directly:
Enquiry Days: Mondays to Fridays
Time: 07h00- 16h30
Telephone number: 015 780 2733
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.