Ndlambe Municipality Internships South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Ndlambe Municipality Internships South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Located in the Eastern Cape, the Ndlambe Local Municipality is located in the heart of the Sarah Baartman District Municipality. Being one of the smallest of seven municipalities in the area, Ndlambe Municipality only makes up 3% of its geographical area.
Forming part of the Eastern Coastal Zone, famous for its variety of plants/vegetation, low level of development on the coastal boarder, immaculate coastal area and well looked after internal areas and river mouths.
With its surrounding towns of Alexandria, Bathurst, Boknes/Cannon Rocks, Bushmans River, Kenton-on-Sea, Port Alfred, Seafield, the Ndlambe Municipality is a major fascination for many potential tourists.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Ndlambe Municipality is offering an individual under the age of 35 a 2-year accountant internship. The candidate will receive a monthly stipend, subject to assessment. The programme is funded by the National Treasury (Finance Management Grant) with the aim of executing Accounting and Budget reforms under the control of the Ndlambe local Municipality. In addition to this, the programme aims to enhance the technical skills of the candidate whereby the candidate undergoes rigorous training in Municipal Accounting and Financial Management.
Location: Ndlambe, Port Alfred, Eastern Cape
Contract term: 2 years (fixed term)
Stipend: R4 833.33 monthly (first year) and R8 333.33 monthly (second year)
Key training areas of the programme:
- Debtors Administration
- Revenue Collection
- Handling Creditors(Payment and Procurement)
- Short Term Insurance
- Investment Management
- Risk Management
- Cash Flow
- Financial Statements and Bank Reconciliation
- In year reporting
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Location requirement: must be from the Ndlambe Area
- Age requirement: must be younger than 35-years
- Education requirement: must have an appropriate Degree (3 years) OR a National Diploma (3 years) in any of the following: Risk Management; Accounting; Financial Management/ Internal Auditing with Accounting II as an additional subject (Accounting III-Advantageous)
- Computer skill requirement: must be computer literate with excellent knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Language requirement: must be verbally fluent in a minimum of two languages native to the Ndlambe Council area
- Must be unemployed
- Must come from a previously disadvantaged background, in accordance with the Employment Equity Act
- Must be eager to go through performance assessments in the internship programme
- Must declare, before-hand, any infringing information that may compromise the candidate or the Municipality
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
To apply for this programme, submit the following documents: an updated Curriculum Vitae; certified copy of Identity Document, certified copy of relevant qualifications, certified copy of drivers licence, cover letter with a minimum of 3 contactable references.
Applications must be mailed to:
Human Resource Unit
P.O. Box 13
Or hand-delivered to:
01 Causeway Road
*Please note: NO faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. If you do not receive a response within 21 days of the initial advertisement, then please consider your application unsuccessful.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact Ndlambe Municipality directly:
Telephone number: 046 604 5500
Email address: www.ndlambe.gov.za
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.