Mr Price/ Jump Start Internships South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Mr Price/ Jump Start Internships South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Jump Start is a programme created to help nurture the skills of unemployed individuals, helping them create a connection to future employment in the retail and supply chain sectors. With first-time job-seekers lacking training in South Africa, this skills development programme was created to provide school leavers with practical training and life skills to help the, enter the job market.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal and Nationally
Application starting date: March 2021
Jump Start partnered with Mr Price Foundation provides internship opportunities in the following sectors:
Retail: This Retail Front-line Programme aims to train individuals so that they can be knowledgeable about sales, in-store policies and distribution centres. The aim of this programme is to expose candidates to the Retail Whole Value Chain and help them develop skills that will further assist them in planning, operations, buying and store management.
Supply Chain: This is a programme aimed to create skills pertaining to Textile, Clothing and Footwear Manufacturers. In this programme, candidates will be trained as a multi-skilled machine operator, learning how to meet the high demand for garments. This programme will be advantageous to fashion and clothing graduates as they will learn production elements such as pattern making, planning, design and costing. Candidates are also offered experience at a local firm’s workplace.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Education requirement: must have completed Matric (minimum)
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 33 years-old
- Must be unemployed
- Must NOT have a criminal record
Supply Chain Programmes Requirements:
- Pre-Production: must have a Diploma / Degree in Clothing Management / Fashion Design, and must be located in Durban
- Production: must have a Matric (NSC), and must be located in KwaZulu-Natal
Retail Programmes Requirements:
- Retail Front-line: must have a Matric (NSC), and must be located in South Africa
- Professional Retail: must have a Diploma in Retail Business Management or a Bachelor of Commerce in Management, and must be located in Durban
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted online for the following position: Mr Price/ Jump Start Internship
Attach relevant documentation to your application form, such as:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- A certified copy of your Identity Document
- A copy of your academic transcripts
- Any other relevant documentation
– If you are not contacted it is due to the low demand for retail workers in your relevant area. Once opportunities are available, Jump Start will contact you.
– If you have completed the pre-assessment and Jump Start has contacted you, you will be notified once there is a training opportunity in your are.
– In high-demanding areas, classroom training has been paused, but the Jump Start team will contact you once it commences again.
– In low-demanding areas, Jump Start will keep candidates information on record for future opportunities
– Placement is NOT guaranteed
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact the Mr Price Foundation directly:
Email address: email@example.com
Message Portal: https://www.mrpfoundation.org/contact.aspx
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.