Modikwa Platinum Mine Learnerships South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Modikwa Platinum Mine Learnerships South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE LEARNERSHIP:
The Modikwa mine, owned by African Rainbow Minerals and Anglo American Platinum (via a 50/50 Joint Venture) is a large underground mine based northwest of Burgersfort, Limpopo.
Modikwa represents one of the biggest platinum reserves in the country.
DETAILS ABOUT THE LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME:
Modikwa are inviting applicants to join the engineering and mining learnership programme, in order to gain practical working experience on a mining site. Candidates from designated groups (per the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation), as well as employees of Modikwa and unemployed candidates who reside in Modikwa’s host communities will receive preference.
Engineering learnerships will be provided for the following fields of study: Boilermaker; Diesel Mechanic; Electrician; Fitter; Instrumentation; Millwright; Rigger
Mining learnerships will be provided for the following field of study: National Certificate Rocks Breaker level 3
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must be South African citizen
- Education requirement: must have completed Grade 12 with Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy) and Science
- Engineering learnership requirement: must have completed an N2 qualification or higher with 4 or 5 subjects as per specific Discipline Requirements
- Qualification requirement: must have completed an NCV level 4 in an appropriate trade and passed all subjects with a minimum of 40%
- Must be fit for duty (successful candidates will be required complete a medical fitness examination)
- Must have a clear criminal record
- Must be prepared to work underground/ surface in plants and dusty areas
- Preference will be given to qualified candidates from designated groups (per the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation)
- Preference will be given to employees of Modikwa and unemployed candidates who reside in Modikwa’s host communities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LEARNERSHIP POSITION:
Submit the following documents to apply for these positions: certified copy of ID document, certified copy of Matric certificate, certified copy of other qualifications received to date, Curriculum Vitae.
Submit your email via email to: email@example.com or via fax to: 086 233 0563
Should you not hear from Modikwa Platinum Mine with 21 days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
CONTACT THE LEARNERSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this learnership programme, please contact Shirley Thokwane (Human Resources Practitioner Generalist) at Modikwa Platinum Mine directly:
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.