Kannaland Municipal Finance Internships South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Kannaland Municipal Finance Internships South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Kannaland is a local Western Cape municipality known for their world-famous cheese factories that produce a high quality of wine and dairy products.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
The Kannaland municipality is offering five candidates a 2-3 year internship aimed to provide work experience and professional training. The aim of the internship is to provide exposure to aspects of Treasury Office, Risk Management, Internal Auditing and Municipal Budget, controlled by the Municipal Finance Management Act, Act 56 of 2003 and the underlying reforms.
The programme builds on skills the candidates attained in University, Technikon and College by using a logical training approach. At the end of the programme, the candidates (where appropriate) shall receive a qualification/relevant credits in Municipal Finance Management in accordance with the Municipal Minimum Competency Regulations, Gazette 29967 of June 2007.
Location: Kannaland, Western Cape
Salary: R120 000 per year (all inclusive)
Key Performance areas of the programme:
- Implementing Budget reforms and GRAP
- Reporting Performance and Finances
- Project managing and Change Risk
- Managing of Expenditure and Revenue
- Management of Supply Chain/Procurement
- Implementing and Communicating the Municipal Finance Management Act
- Asset Management
- Managing Risks
- Internal Auditing
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (3-years)/ FET College Diploma OR a National Diploma (NQF-6) concentrating primarily on the following subjects: Accounting, Economics OR Financial, Internal Auditing, Local Governance Finance, Risk Management
- Languages: Oral and Written fluency in two of the following languages- English, Afrikaans, isiXhosa
- Must have copies of relevant qualifications
- Must have an updated Curriculum Vitae
- Must be a resident of the Kannaland Municipality (advantageous)
- Must be computer literate with all MS Office
- Must have Numeracy and Accountancy skills
- Must be detail orientated
- Must be responsible
- Must have a fair knowledge of monthly reconciliations
- Must have an understanding of the Internal Audit processes
- Must be a good communicator
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
There are two ways to apply for this position:
You can visit Kannaland Municipality’s website, download and fill out the “Aansoek om betrekking Finaal” form with attached copies of your relevant qualifications:
You can send an updated Curriculum Vitae with a Cover Letter.
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Communicating with counsellors about applications as well as all late applications will result in disqualification/ non-acceptance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted, if you have not heard a response within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact the Kannaland Municipality Human Resources division directly:
Telephone number: 028 551 8000
Human Resources Division
P. O. Box 30
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.