Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022-2023
We(zainfo.co.za) are pleased to informed you about Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022-2023
The official notification for Indian Coast Guard Navik 02/2022 (General Duty) has been released on the official website, joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. Indian Coast Guard is inviting candidates to apply for the Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022 scheme. The application form for Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022 (GD) is available from January 04 -14, 2022. This year, a total of 260 vacancies are available for are published for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2022. Read this article to know more about the Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022, including application procedure, admit card, result, training, selection procedure, etc.
Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022
After the final selection candidates have to undergo a training period. Selected candidates are sent on sea training by the Indian Coast Guard. Get important dates related to Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2022 from the table provided below:
|Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022||02/2022|
|Start date of the application form||04 Jan 2022|
|Last date to apply||14 Jan 2022|
|Release of admit card||To be announced|
|Exam date||Mid/End March 2022|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
|Release of Select list||To be announced|
|Release of admit card for stage II||To be announced|
|Stage II dates||Mid/End May 2022|
|Declaration of result stage II||To be announced|
|Stage III and IV dates||Early Aug 2022|
|Training commencement||Aug 2022|
Overview of the Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022
The Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment is conducted to recruit best candidates for the posts of Navik and Yantrik from all over India. In order to get selected, candidates have to give their best in every stage of the recruitment. An overview of the recruitment scheme is provided below.
|Name of exam||Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment|
|Conducting Body||Indian Coast Guard|
|Minimum Eligibility||Matriculation/12th pass|
|Key Stages||Stage-I, Stage-II, Stage-III, Stage-IV, and Training|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022 Vacancies
A total of 260 vacancies are available for the recruitment for 2022 cycle. A post-wise distribution of the number of vacancies is tabulated in the table below for the candidate’s reference.
Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022 Notification
The official notification of the Navik Recruitment 2022 issued by the Indian Coast Guard contains all details regarding the selection procedure, eligibility criteria, application procedure, syllabus, etc. of the exam. Candidates can check the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2022 notification by checking the image below.
Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the Navik Recruitment differs according to each post. The eligibility criteria are prescribed by the official body each year in its notification. Inability in fulfilling the eligibility criteria leads to the rejection of the applicant’s application. Candidates can check out the eligibility criteria of the exam in this article.
- Age limit: Minimum 18 to maximum 22 years. Post-wise details regarding the age limit are as follows.
|Navik (GD) and Yantrik||Born between 01 Aug 2000 to 31 Jul 2004|
|Navik(DB)||Born between 01 Oct 2000 to 30 Sep 2004|
Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates is provided.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 with mathematics and physics as subjects with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- SC/ST candidates, outstanding sports personnel of national-level are given 5% cutoff relaxation.
Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022 Application Form
The mode of application for Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022 is only online. Candidates who wish to apply for this recruitment scheme need to submit their application form on the official portal before the deadline. The step-by-step procedure for filling the application form is given below.
- Open the official application portal of the Indian Coast Guard (joinindiancoastguard.cdac.in).
- Register yourself by using your email id or mobile number.
- Candidates can apply to any one of the following posts on the portal: Navik (DB), Navik (GD), Yantrik (Mechanical), Yantrik (Electrical), or Yantrik (Electronics).
- Upload the scanned copies of the necessary documents.
- Pay the application fee prescribed by the conducting body which is 250 rupees.
- Submit the application. An admit card is issued shortly after the submission a few days before the exam.
Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022 Syllabus
To prepare properly for the exam, candidates should know the syllabus of the recruitment scheme thoroughly. The syllabus for the Navik Recruitment is given in the official notification of the scheme as well. Candidates can refer to the section-wise syllabus of the exam by reading this article.
|Section I||Class 10th syllabus|
|Section II||Class 12th Maths and Physics syllabus|
Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022 Exam Pattern
The Navik Recruitment 2022 is to be conducted in four stages which include the training period as well. The exam consists of written papers as well as physical tests for Navik posts. Check out the Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022 below.
Candidates have to undergo an objective-type written test consisting of five sections.
|Section||Maximum Marks||Number of Questions||Duration||Subjects|
|Section I||60||60||45 mins||Maths, Science, Reasoning, GK, English|
|Section II||50||50||30 mins||Maths, Physics|
- Stage-II: Stage-II is only a qualifying test and tests the physical strength of the candidate. This stage lasts for 1-2 days. Documents of the candidate are verified and a medical examination is conducted as well for this stage.
Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022 Preparation
After understanding the syllabus and the exam pattern of the recruitment scheme, the next step is to make a preparation strategy for the examination. Toppers, as well as experts, have provided the following tips to pass the recruitment test.
- Candidates should first focus on revising the 10th syllabus. By using the NCERT books, aspirants should revise all the topics given under the syllabus of the exam thoroughly. Focus on 12th Maths and Physics as well.
- Solve a lot of mock and practice tests. Mock tests help you understand which topics you need to revise again as well as understand the exam pattern.
- Make a time management strategy for the exam well in advance. Allot sufficient time for solving each section as well as for checking your answers.
- Exercise daily and keep a strict routine for weekdays and weekends, as this might help you to tackle the PFT exam.
Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022 Admit Card
The Indian Coast Guard Navik admit card 2022 releases by the Indian Coast Guard on the official website, (joinindiancoastguard.cdac.in). Candidates can access the admit card 2-3 days before the actual date of examination. Aspirants need to keep their email id and password handy while logging in to the portal. Candidates need to carry a colored copy of their admit card, original photo ID card, original 10th class mark sheet, colored passport size photograph, and caste certificate if eligible in the exam hall. Candidates are not allowed to carry electronic devices on the premises.
Candidates have to carry the following documents with them to the examination centre on the day of the exam:
- 03 copies of Indian Coast Guard Navik e-admit card
- 10 colour passport size photograph (blue background)
- Two self-attested copy of application form.
- Bring all the original documents. With them carry self -attested copies of
- Class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet
- Class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet
- Caste certificate
- EWS certificate
- Domicile certificate of the state
- Identity proof
Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022 Result
The results for the Navik Recruitment 2022 from Stage-I to Stage-III are declared on the ICG website (joinindiancoastguard.cdac.in) which can be accessed by inputting your login credentials. The results for Stage I are declared tentatively 30 days after the examination. In case of a tie in the merit list, the tie is resolved in the following stages:
- Candidates scoring more marks in Section 1 are placed higher.
- Candidates who scored higher in the qualifying examination are placed higher.
- Candidates who are older in age are placed higher.
Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022 Selection Procedure
The conducting body filters the candidates for the Navik and the Yantrik post by making them go through four stages of the recruitment. Details regarding the selection procedure of the exam is mentioned below.
- Stage I: Stage 1 consists of a written objective-type exam that has no negative marking. Candidate’s knowledge regarding GK, Reasoning, Science, English, and Engineering (if applicable) is tested.
- Stage II:- This test consists of a Physical Fitness Test, Document Verification Round, and Medical examination round. This is a screening test only and it lasts for 1-2 days.
- Stage-III: Stage III involves additional document verification as well as a final medical examination at INS Chilka. This stage lasts for 1-2 days.
- Stage-IV: Candidates who clear stage-III are allotted rankings on the merit list and assigned vacancy posts accordingly. They are eligible for training at INS Chilka.
Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2022 Salary
Candidates can enjoy several benefits and allowances along with their salary through the Navik Recruitment 2022 scheme. Dearness allowances and insurance cover are provided as well. The pay scale prescribed by the ICG has been provided below in a table.
|Navik (GD)||21700||Pay Scale 3|
|Navik (DB)||21700||Pay Scale 3|
Indian Coast Guard Navik Training 2022
After the final selection procedure, candidates have to undergo a training procedure. This training will commence from August 2022 at INS Chilika. First basic training of candidates is organized at INS Chilika followed by sea training and professional training. The branch trade is allotted to the selected candidates as per the service requirement and their performance in training.
About Ministry of Defence
The Indian Coast Guard was established in the year 1977 and is led by the Director-General Indian Coast Guard. New Delhi is the headquarters of the Indian Coast Guard. The Indian Coast Guard carries out recruitment for various posts, including the Navik and Yantrik posts every year. The Coast Guard is divided into five regions: North-West, North-East, East, West, and Andaman & Nicobar. These regions are further divided into 12 coast guard regions. Working in the ICG provides several benefits including insurance cover, dearness allowances, medical and loan facilities, etc.
Ans : To join Indian Coast Guard Navik GD, candidates have to take the examination. After securing the minimum cutoff, candidates have to go through PFT and medical examination.
Ans : After joining, Indian Coast Guard Navik, selected candidates are paid basic pay of Rs. 21700/- plus dearness allowance.
Ans : This year, a total of 260 vacancies are released for Indian Coast Guard Navik (General Duty).
Ans : Candidates who have passed 10+2 are eligible to apply for Indian Coast Guard Navik (General Duty) 02/2022.
Ans : No. Indian Coast Guard is inviting only male candidate’s application for Coast Guard Navik (General Duty).