Howden Internship South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Howden Internship South Africa 2022-2023
Applications are currently open – apply as soon as possible to be considered for the position.
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Howden was founded in Scotland in 1854 by James Howden and was established as a marine engineering firm. Today, Howden has further established as a leader in the manufacturing of air and gas solutions in the world. They aim to provide solutions to their customers that are safe and efficient with the use of their advanced technology and equipment. They also support many sectors and industries, namely wastewater, transportation, metals, infrastructure, oil and gas, mining, and power generation. Howden communicated and works with a number of colleges, stretching globally to over 27 countries. They offer their 6000 employees and engineers global solutions whilst promoting their culture of individual development.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Duration: 1 year
Howden Africa (Pty) Ltd is offering a graduate the opportunity to join their programme in association with their Howden Donkin division. The candidate will gain experience within the Donkin Business departments such as purchasing, engineering, sales, and production with the ultimate goal of joining the Sales team. This programme will run for 12 months and offers a package that promotes growth in the Engineering industry.
Key Performance Areas of the Programme:
- Learning the fundamental aspects of operations with the help of Senior Staff
- Gaining work experience related to design, applications, products, spares, manufacture, project management & QA of Howden Donkin as prescribed by in-house mentors.
- Assisting the testing department by providing resources
- Ensuring clients needs have been met and supported by handling enquiries
- Submitting and complying with client tender documents according to their specifications
- Travelling between Port Elizabeth and Johannesburg
- Complying with SOX: Adhering to Sarbanes Oxley and AX controls
- Once completed, having the ability to give a simple example of a completed job, thus portraying your ability to substitute in a sales role within the Donkin business.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Education: must have completed a Diploma / Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Technology Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must be literate in Microsoft Offices
- Must have a valid Drivers Licence
- Must be fluent in English (oral and written)
- Must be able to work well with others
- Must have a willingness to learn
- Must have a good attitude
- Must have high attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted online for the following position:
Howden Trainee/ Internship
(Reference number: R0008615)
*Please attach all relevant documentation to your application form, including: certified copy of ID document, certified copy of Drivers Licence, certified copy of tertiary qualification, Curriculum Vitae.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact Howden Port-Elizabeth directly:
Telephone Number: 041 409 1400
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.