Highbury Media: Editorial Internship South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Highbury Media: Editorial Internship South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Highbury Media (Pty) Ltd is the biggest independent magazine and digital publishing company in South Africa. The media house is responsible for some of the country’s most recognisable brands, titles and platforms.
Highbury Media (HM) has a reputation of being a dynamic category leader, with over twenty years of experience in creating excellent content within a sustainable business model.
HM has grown from 1996, when CEO Kevin Ferguson began expanding the company by moving the offices of UK-based publishing house, Monarch Communications to Cape Town. Today, HM serves a range of consumers, including families, men, women, youth and children.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Highbury Media are looking for an editorial intern to join the team of lifestyle and digital editors, who work on the magazines published for The Foschini Group.
Candidates should have a tertiary qualification in English / Journalism. The programme will commence in March 2021.
Interns will be exposed to the following job roles:
- Generationg of story ideas, each week
- Writing articles across a range of magazine titles and genres
- Assisting with fact-checking of stories
- Assisting the editors with any editorial tasks required
- Keeping up to date with current affairs
- Managing social media channels when required
- Attending events when require
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Education requirement: must have a tertiary qualification in English / Journalism
- Must be proficient in the Mac operating system
- Must be proficient in WordPress CMS
- Must have excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Must have good organisational skills
- Must be able to work under deadline pressure
- Must be willing to work overtime when required
- Must have work experience in the media industry (advantageous)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted online here: Highbury Media: Editorial Internship (Woman & Home)
Please attach an updated Curriculum Vitae to your application.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact Highbury Media (Pty) Ltd directly:
Telephone number: 0 21 416 0141
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
or fill in the contact form and they will get back to you: https://www.highburymedia.co.za/contact
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.