Highbury Media: Editorial and Social Media Internship South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Highbury Media: Editorial and Social Media Internship South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Highbury Media (Pty) Ltd is the biggest independent magazine and digital publishing company in South Africa. The media house is responsible for some of the country’s most recognisable brands, titles and platforms.
Highbury Media (HM) has a reputation of being a dynamic category leader, with over twenty years of experience in creating excellent content within a sustainable business model.
HM has grown from 1996, when CEO Kevin Ferguson began expanding the company by moving the offices of UK-based publishing house, Monarch Communications to Cape Town. Today, HM serves a range of consumers, including families, men, women, youth and children.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Highbury Media are looking for an editorial and social media intern to join the team of lifestyle and digital editors, who work on the magazines published for The Foschini Group.
Candidates should have a tertiary qualification in English / Journalism with a strong interest in the digital sector (including social media and content creation). The programme will commence in March 2021.
Interns will be exposed to the following job roles:
- Posting and monitoring content generation across relevant platforms for several leading online platforms, on a daily basis
- Monitoring and facilitating engagement across all relevant platforms
- Assisting in brainstorming of new social media initiatives and campaigns
- Brainstorming content ideas and generating content for the website on a daily basis
- Sourcing and editing relevant images and videos
- Brainstorming and pitching content ideas for 5 online platforms
- Writing content tailored to various audiences. (including news, lifestyle, tech)
- Attending events, launches, and reviews for the brand and incorporating social media at events
- Being an ambassador for the brands represented
- Creating basic digital design (including image resizing and creation of original artwork)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Education requirement: must have a tertiary qualification in English / Journalism
- Must have a strong interest in the digital sector (including social media and content creation)
- Must be proficient in Photoshop
- Must be proficient in WordPress CMS
- Must be proficient in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest)
- Must have excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Must have good organisational skills
- Must be proactive
- Must be self-disciplined
- Must have a strong sense of responsibility
- Must be able to work under deadline pressure
- Must be able to work within a team
- Must be willing to work overtime and one weekend a month
- Must have work experience in the media industry (advantageous)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted online here: Highbury Media: Editorial and Social Media Internship (Woman & Home)
Please attach an updated Curriculum Vitae to your application.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact Highbury Media (Pty) Ltd directly:
Telephone number: 0 21 416 0141
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
or fill in the contact form and they will get back to you: https://www.highburymedia.co.za/contact/
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.