City of Johannesburg Internships: Smart City Branch South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about City of Johannesburg Internships: Smart City Branch South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Johannesburg is a flourishing city that prospected in 1886 with the location of gold in Witwatersrand. Today, Johannesburg is a city that offers many job opportunities and is a major attraction of success.
Growing from a small settlement to a big city, Johannesburg has been the epicentre of many famous events as well as a lucrative factor in the South African economy. The mission of the City of Johannesburg is to provide excellent service and ensure community participation in government by managing and developing the city effectively.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
The City of Johannesburg is providing an internship opportunity for a Johannesburg resident. The aim of the programme is to allow students to experience on-the-job exposure and attain academic qualifications as a pre or post requirement for academic qualifications in accordance with the increasing demands of the tertiary institution.
The ultimate goal of the City of Johannesburg is to provide students with work-based training. The main purpose of this programme is to allow the candidate to take accountability for administration, research, monitoring and evaluation assistance in accordance with the Smart City Strategy. The candidate will do this whilst liaising with external stakeholders.
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Department: Group Strategy, Policy Coordination & Relations Department (GSPCR)
Branch: Smart City
Salary: R8 329.29 per month (cost to company with no benefits)
Duration: Not exceeding 18 months
Key Learning Areas: Providing the Smart City Office with policy development, administration, research, monitoring and evaluation assistance.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Location requirement: must be a resident of Johannesburg
- Age requirement: must be between 18 and 35 years
- Education requirement: completed an NQF level 7/ Bachelors Degree/ Equivalent in Built Environment, ICT or Development Planning
- Other Qualifications: A Diploma/ Degree (Postgraduate) in Built Environment or ICT (advantageous but not required)
- Must be Computer Literate
- Must be willing to work extra hours upon requirement
- Must be willing to work independently and have accountability
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must form part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Must be able to engage well with others
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to co-ordinate
- Must be able to analyse and solve problems
- Must have Batho Pele Principles (read more here: https://www.dsd.gov.za/index.php/about/batho-pele)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be done on the official City of Johannesburg careers website: GSPCR Smart City Internship application
Please send all relevant documentation with your application: certified copy of Identity Document, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, a copy of relevant Qualifications with a confirmation letter from the tertiary institution, proof of residence, application letter and a letter of motivation.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact Badise Modise directly:
Telephone number: 011 407 7365
Workplace: Metropolitan Centre, 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.