City of Johannesburg Internship: MMC South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about City of Johannesburg Internship: MMC South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Johannesburg is a flourishing city that prospected in 1886 with the location of gold in Witwatersrand. Today, Johannesburg is a city that offers many job opportunities and is a major attraction of success.
Growing from a small settlement to a big city, Johannesburg has been the epicentre of many famous events as well as a lucrative factor in the South African economy. The mission of the City of Johannesburg is to provide excellent service and ensure community participation in government by managing and developing the city effectively.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Midrand, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Position: Administrative Assistant Intern
Salary: between R3 500 and R8 329.27 per month (costs to company with no benefits)
Contract term: maximum 18 months
The City of Johannesburg are inviting youth to apply for the Internship programme at the MMC department. The aim of the programme is to provide work-based training / on-the-job exposure to students, who require practical training in order to complete their qualification or to graduates who require experiential training after completing their tertiary studies.
Interns will perform administrative tasks within the department, including but not limited to: logistical support in regard to general procurement duties, maintenance issues, telephone management, cellular telephone management, assets management and fleet services.
Key Learning Areas:
- Assist with administrative duties and support services in the Housing department.
- Assist with co-ordination, repair and maintenance of telecommunication requirements.
- Manage and control collection and delivery of stores issues, and assist with assets inventories.
- Hand delivering restricted documents – treating all sensitive and confidential information.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Education requirement: must have completed Matric (NSC certificate)
- Education requirement: must have completed a Administration / Public Relations tertiary qualification or equivalent qualification
- Must be a resident of Johannesburg
- Must be between 18 and 35 years
- Must be computer literate and be able to work in MS Office
- Must be prepared for extra work (standby/ overtime)
- Must be fluent in English (reading and writing)
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to treat information with privacy and confidentiality
- Must be accountable and trustworthy
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail
- Must be able to organise, prioritise and plan work
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted online for the following position:
City of Johannesburg Internship: MMC
Please send all relevant documentation with your application: certified copy of Identity Document, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, a copy of relevant Qualification, proof of residence, application letter and a letter of motivation.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact Tshifhiwa Ndou directly:
Telephone number: 0018 6661
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.