City of Johannesburg Internship: Facilities Enhancement Unit South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about City of Johannesburg Internship: Facilities Enhancement Unit South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Johannesburg is a flourishing city that prospected in 1886 with the location of gold in Witwatersrand. Today, Johannesburg is a city that offers many job opportunities and is a major attraction of success.
Growing from a small settlement to a big city, Johannesburg has been the epicentre of many famous events as well as a lucrative factor in the South African economy. The mission of the City of Johannesburg is to provide excellent service and ensure community participation in government by managing and developing the city effectively.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Braamfontein, Gauteng
Department: Community Development
Branch: Facilities Enhancement Unit
Salary: between R3 500 and R8 329.27 (costs to company with no benefits)
Contract period: maximum 12 months
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Library and Information Services Directorate, Community Development Department are inviting youth residing within Johannesburg to apply for the internship programme. The aim of of the programme is to allow students to experience on-the-job exposure and attain academic qualifications as a pre or post requirement for academic qualifications in accordance with the increasing demands of the tertiary institution.
The main goal of the intern is to: assist with the delivery of Human Settlements in the Cores of the City and the Corridors of Freedom, as well as assist the specialists with determining land and building plot usage within a community, assist with project packaging or audits.
Key Learning Areas:
- Assist with procedural requirements coordination relating to delivery of human settlement.
- Assist with admin support relating to the Unit.
- Assist with Project management, facilitation and analysis of data.
- Suggest changes in policy and guidelines.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must reside in Johannesburg
- Must be between 18 and 35 years
- Must have completed Matric (NSC certificate)
- Must have completed one of the following qualifications: National Diploma in Built Environment (NQF 6) / Bachelor’s Degree in Built Environment Discipline (NQF 7) / Project Management Degree
- Must be computer literate and be able to work in MS Office
- Must be fluent in English (reading and writing)
- Must be able to work long hours when requested
- Must be able to work well independently
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must have strong presentation skills
- Must be able to manage conflict
- Must be able to handle confidential information and maintain privacy
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be done online for the following position:
City of Johannesburg Internship: Facilities Enhancement Unit
(Reference number: 008/2021)
Please send all relevant documentation with your application: certified copy of Identity Document, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, a copy of relevant Qualifications with a confirmation letter from the tertiary institution, proof of residence and an application letter.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact Thato Sepuru directly:
Telephone number: 011 407 7198
Workplace: 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein. Metropolitan Centre.
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.