CapeTownMagazine Social Media Internship South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about CapeTownMagazine Social Media Internship South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
CapeTownMagazine.com, as its name suggests, is a Cape Town based online magazine. The magazine has a reader base of between 300 000 and 500 000 people, of which 1/3 are international readers and 2/3 are Capetonian readers.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Contract duration: 6 months
CapeTownMagazine.com are looking for interns to join the company for a 6 month internship contract. Students who describe themselves as “social media geeks”, and enjoy experimenting with design, video and writing tools and apps should apply.
If you are bright, social media savvy, interested in digital and want to take the digital media industry by storm, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Selected students will work under the guidance of senior editors in the content team, and will take part in the following duties:
- Creating, scheduling and publishing content on social media accounts
- Producing content
- Replying to viewer comments and engaging with the audience
- Assisting with management of and saving deliverables in CRM production system
- Assisting with building weekly newsletters
- Assisting with editorial tasks when required
- Contribute new ideas for growing social media channels
- Involvement in content planning meetings and pitch ideas for website and social channels
- Organising the Weekend Takeover project, including tracking weekly features and pitching new candidates
- Tracking stats for weekly reports
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must have good English copy writing skills
- Must be good at researching, sourcing and curating social media feeds
- Must be passionate about digital, social media and social media tools
- Must love social media and video (must be on Instagram and know about Tik Tok)
- Must have your own personal social media accounts
- Must be able to write content for various social media platforms
- Must be willing to learn and evolve
- Must be willing get out of your comfort zone
- Must be a hard worker
- Must have a positive attitude
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Students who meet all of the above minimum criteria, can apply by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Application for Social Media Internship” in your email subject line).
Your email should include the following attachments:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Short motivational letter
Shortlisted candidates will be be contacted and requested to complete a social media challenge. If you do NOT receive any feedback within 2 weeks of the deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact CapeTownMagazine directly:
Conact person: Sue Ramgathi (general enquiries)
Tel: 072 350 2062 / 021 422 2444
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.