ABB Internships South Africa 2022-2023 how to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about ABB Internships South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
ABB is a global technology company with the aim of attaining a sustainable and productive future by the means of the transformation of the industry and society.
ABB pushes performance to new levels and aims to break the boundaries of technologies by connecting software to its automation/ robotics/ electrification and motion portfolio. ABB dates back to 130 years with a level of excellence that continues to be maintained by their 110 000 employees in over 100 countries.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: South Africa
Duration: Minimum of 2 months
ABB South Africa along with the Business Sweden and The Ithemba Institute of Technology is offering a learnership programme in Mechanical/ Fitting & Turning and Electrical Engineering. Beneficiaries from surrounding townships such as Kagisto, Vocloorus and the surrounding Soweto area are called to take part in the internship.
During the programme, the candidates will undergo a strict curriculum based on theory as well as hands-on assignments within the departments of ABB. The aim of the assignments is to expose the candidates to ABB’s culture as well as give them hands-on experience. The programme is created to give practical exposure to technologies in automation and power whilst also providing guidance. Candidates will work closely with research outfits in Egypt in one of ABB’s business units, head offices, training centres or workshops.
On completion of the internship, candidates will receive a certificate.
Key Aims of the Programme:
- Providing hands-on training in power and automation technologies
- Providing mentorship from supervisors and specialists with years of experience
- Educating about clients point of views by means of site visits
- Educating about the importance of ethical business, code of conducts and Occupational Health and Safety
- Exposure to environments that are multinational, dynamic and fast-paced
Departments Interns will be working within the Programme:
- Marketing and Sales
- Power electronics- topologies, devices, simulations and modelling
- Manufacturing technologies
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Marketing Communications
- Drives and controls- control implementations and algorithms
- Electrical and Mechanical Design
- Automation and control engineering
- Robotics applications
- Power systems- analysis, simulation, protection, modelling and control
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Education requirement: must have completed a Bachelor Degree in Business or Engineering
- Preference will be given to third-year students
- Must be willing to commit to a 2 month internship programme
- Must be enthusiastic
- Must be open-minded
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attach the following documents to your application form along with the relevant subject line:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your latest education transcript
- A copy of your Identity Document
The Acquisition team will contact students who match the requirements.
Successful and hard-working candidates will be considered for permanent roles upon graduation as well as an interview for future vacancies.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact ABB South Africa directly:
Telephone number: +27 10 202 6995
Email address: email@example.com
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.